Heart disease is the leading cause of death for men in the United States. Symptoms can vary from person to person. Here are some common signs of heart attacks in men.
When we hear about a heart attack, a vivid image comes to mind where the victim cries out in agony while they clutch their chest and left arm before collapsing to the ground. Did you know that, in many cases, a heart attack looks nothing like this? In fact, the victim of a heart attack often does not even know that they’re having one, especially in women. (more…)
When a person goes into cardiac arrest, the heart stops beating. CPR keeps the blood and oxygen pumping to the body’s major organs until and Automated External Defibrillator (AED) or emergency medical staff can restart it. Without blood and oxygen flowing to the organs, severe brain damage can occur within four minutes, and the victim will die within 10 minutes.
There are approximately 350,000 cardiac arrest cases in the United States each year, mostly occurring at home, with about 90% resulting in death. The high mortality rate is due to the victim’s not getting the help they need quickly enough. By learning CPR techniques, you can become a rescuer in an emergency and save a life when it matters most. (more…)
- Approximately 715,000 heart attacks occur in the United States every year.
- Heart attacks are a leading cause of death for Americans.
- More than 350,000 cardiac arrests occur outside of a hospital setting each year in the United States.
- More than 70% of these happen at home, making it critical that people are educated and prepared in case a loved one goes into cardiac arrest.
- About 90% of people who had an out-of-hospital cardiac arrest will die; however, their chances of survival can double or triple if they receive help within the first few minutes of an attack.
To prevent heart attacks, avoid unhealthy food, and eat foods rich in nutrients, fiber, and healthy fats. The video shows the types of food one should eat to prevent risk of heart disease. Below video shows the types of food one should eat to prevent risk of heart disease:
If you are looking for CPR training and certification course, visit: http://www.mycprcertificationonline.com