Friday, 06 October 2017
- Approximately 715,000 heart attacks occur in the United States every year.
- Heart attacks are a leading cause of death for Americans.
- More than 350,000 cardiac arrests occur outside of a hospital setting each year in the United States.
- More than 70% of these happen at home, making it critical that people are educated and prepared in case a loved one goes into cardiac arrest.
- About 90% of people who had an out-of-hospital cardiac arrest will die; however, their chances of survival can double or triple if they receive help within the first few minutes of an attack.