CPR, First Aid, and BLS certification in Mississippi are essential, whether it's just one year or two-year certification, especially if you want to prepare yourself for things that could happen to you or anyone in the community. Get certified in Mississippi with American Red Cross, which starts at $34.95. The cost includes training materials and a certificate of completion. Get certified and gain lifesaving skills to help you respond to medical emergencies.
CPR classes in Mississippi can give you the skills you need to help adults and children during medical, breathing, and cardiac arrest. This is essential because the average time for an Emergency Medical Services unit to arrive on the scene in Mississippi State is 8 to 14 minutes. Through online CPR Certification, you will learn the duties and responsibilities of first aid rescuers; first aid actions for medical emergencies, including severe choking, heart attack, and stroke; and skills for handling injury and environmental emergencies, including external bleeding, broken bones, and sprains, and bites and stings. Obtaining online CPR certification in Mississippi can be easily accomplished with an online CPR course from your home. In addition, Pennsylvania CPR classes are available in many locations throughout the state, making it easy to find one that will suit your needs.
Emergency Medical Services Providers in Mississippi usually need Basic Life Support and CPR certification training at the Healthcare Provider level. Required skills include proper CPR for adults, children, and infants, chest compressions, and using a bag-valve mask and Automated External Defibrillator. Some Emergency Medical Technicians may also need a First Aid course, but the employer determines this. For continuing education, emergency medical responders can claim four basic CE credits for BLS/CPR Certification with a practical portion.
CPR training is the foundation of workplace safety training, giving responders the skill to save people's lives. Enrolling in CPR BLS certification online is necessary for certain professions. Aside from healthcare providers and medical professionals, many jobs in Florida requires CPR and First Aid certification for employment requirements. These jobs include but are not limited to:
Unlike most other online CPR/AED, First Aid & BLS certification courses, our CPR and BLS Certification in Mississippi was written and approved by American Heart Association trained U.S board certified physicians and healthcare professionals. As a result, you can feel confident in the quality of our CPR/AED, first aid, and BLS certification classes. Our online certification class covers the same topics that American Heart association compliant classroom courses train you on. But, our CPR/AED training and exam are more affordable and convenient than many classroom based CPR/AED, First Aid & BLS training courses.
This online CPR class will take participants through an in-depth learning style covering the topics mentioned below. We have briefly described what you should expect to be covered in each topic. By the end of this course, you will understand how to manage different emergencies and the precautions to take to protect yourself while at them.
1. New changes recommended in AHA official guidelines - This topic will cover the updated changes that have been made to the CPR and First Aid rules since the previous guidelines were put in place. A good example emphasizes how important the quality of compressions is in contributing to survival. The American Heart Association recommends chest compressions reaching at least two inches but not exceeding 2.4 inches in adults. The American Heart Association recommends 100 to 120 compressions per minute for hands-only CPR training.
2. Good Samaritan Laws and Chain of Survival - Bystanders are often reluctant to assist victims because they fear they may face legal ramifications if something goes wrong. However, Good Samaritan laws offer protection in such cases. Also, in the unfortunate event of a cardiac emergency, you must follow a specific series of steps called the Chain of Survival to increase the chances of survival. It includes recognizing cardiac arrest early, getting access to medical attention, early CPR, early defibrillation, etc.
3. Symptoms of Sudden Cardiac Arrest - Recognizing the symptoms of cardiac arrest early has proven to be quite helpful in saving lives. This comprehensive training class will help you learn the symptoms of cardiac arrest and the warning signs to be on the lookout.
4. Universal Precautions - Universal Precautions recognize that human blood and other bodily fluids are potentially infectious and cause diseases. For this reason, you will be trained to protect yourself at all times. In addition, your first aid kit must include the appropriate PPEs to protect you, such as CPR barriers, gloves, face masks, gowns, etc.
5. Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) - CPR training will teach you how to administer this life-saving technique in different scenarios involving different age groups during your training. The course will also teach high-quality CPR protocol for single and two rescuers.
6. Treatment for a Conscious Adult Choking Victim - This training will teach you how to identify the symptoms of a choking person and how to help them. If a severe case of choking in conscious adults results in upper airway obstruction, use the Heimlich technique to save the victim's life. You can also use chest thrusts and back blows. If the victim can still speak and breathe, encourage them to cough to remove the object choking them.
7. Treatment for an Unconscious Adult Choking Victim - Immediate CPR & first aid is recommended if a victim loses consciousness due to choking. After performing a set of chest compressions, look inside the victim's mouth and remove any material within your reach that is causing the choking. Continue with rescue breaths giving two slow but full breaths and pausing in the middle.
8. Hands-only CPR - For bystanders, it's highly recommended that they perform compression-only CPR (hands-only CPR) on adults who are victims of cardiac arrest. The recommended guideline is to provide high-quality compressions that involve pushing hard and fast at the center of the victim's chest with minimum interruptions between the compressions. It should be done until trained rescuers or an AED arrives.
9. Recovery Position - The course covers placing an unconscious victim to ensure their airway stays clear and open and prevents them from choking due to vomit or other fluids. In addition, during your CPR and First Aid training, you will learn the recommended recovery position for a cardiac arrest victim and any emergencies like fractured bones. The lesson will clearly explain when and how to use the recovery position in this course.
10. Conscious Choking - It's vital to recognize the signs of choking quickly and take immediate action to help save the lives of choking victims. For example, in a conscious choking victim, you may observe them clutching their throat with their hands. Other signs may be difficulty in speaking and coughing. This training will teach you how to and the factors to consider when helping a conscious choking victim.
11. Treatment for a Choking Baby - Most choking incidents in children are preventable when we carefully watch what they put in their mouths. However, if it happens, one can save the baby's life by removing the object choking them. To do this, firmly support the baby's head and neck. Then perform five gentle back blows between their shoulder blades and five chest thrusts with two fingers at 1.5 inches. Call 911 immediately if this doesn't help. You'll get a clear demonstration of this during your training.
12. Treatment for a Conscious Choking Child (1-7 years old) - To treat choking in a conscious child, first determine whether the choking is mild or severe. In the case of mild choking, stay near the child and encourage them to cough to dislodge the object stuck in their throat. If choking is severe and the child can't breathe or make a sound, act fast to remove the object. You can use the Heimlich maneuver. Kneel behind the child at shoulder level and give them abdominal thrusts repeatedly until the object comes out.
13. Treatment for an Unconscious Choking Child (1-7 years old) - If a child chokes and slips unconscious, lay them down on a firm flat surface. You can scream for help and ask them to call 911 or get an AED if someone comes. Check for the child's breathing and immediately begin CPR. First, give 30 chest compressions, check the child's mouth for the object choking them, and remove it. Then give two rescue breaths. Continue with the 30 pushes and two breaths until the child responds or helps arrive.
14. Use of Automated External Defibrillator (AED) - This topic will educate you on using an Automated External Defibrillator training device to revive someone who has just suffered cardiac arrest for adult and pediatric cases. Once you have an AED at hand, check for unresponsiveness in the victim. If there is no breathing or it appears abnormal, start CPR. If there is no pulse, attach the AED pads to the upper right chest and lower left chest. If advised, analyze the victim's heart rhythm and only press the "Shock" button. Learn more about this during the certification training.
15. Use of a mask/barrier device - Generally, as someone offering emergency assistance to a victim, you need to create a barrier between yourself and any moist area in the victim's body. Masks and other protective barriers help to prevent unsafe contamination that body fluids like saliva or blood can cause. When performing CPR and first aid to adults or children, rescuers should use protective gear like CPR mouth barriers, eye shields, face masks, and gloves. The training will educate you on the effective use of PPEs.
16. Exam - After going through all the above topics, the last thing will be an exam. To test your knowledge of CPR and First Aid techniques, you will take a multiple choice exam that you will have to score 70% to pass. Once you pass this exam, you will immediately download your temporary digital certificate. In most cases, your physical card is mailed the same day.
Get your recertification fast and conveniently for CPR /AED First Aid and BLS. Thousands of professionals in Mississippi trust our CPR training, and it takes less than an hour to recertify them at their convenience. Certifications are valid for two years. You can view and retain all your certifications online in one place year after year. We are the best in class recertification created and approved by American Heart Association trained physicians.
Get your CPR/AED, First Aid & BLS recertification fast and conveniently. Thousands of professionals in Mississippi trust the program, and it takes less than an hour to recertify them at their convenience. Certifications are valid for one year. The course is up to date with the latest ILCOR and OSHA guidelines. You can view and retain all your certificates online in one place year after year. Best in class recertification created and approved by trained physicians.
A BLS certification includes CPR training but is more difficult and intensive. It is a higher level of medical care typically administered by healthcare and public safety professionals. Basic Life Support involves learning the same curriculum taught in CPR class. However, there are more in-depth practices involved.
To perform CPR or BLS efficiently, taking classes to get a certification is important. Therefore, a CPR certification will be an excellent first step to getting your Basic Life Support certification.
You are not required to buy any additional material besides our coursework. Our BLS and CPR certification courses are comprehensive and provide you with all the information you need to pass your Mississippi CPR, First Aid, or BLS certification exam. The course fees include all necessary materials.
That is not a problem if you don't pass the exam the first time. You can take the test as often as possible with unlimited retakes.
Our certification course and exams are authored by licensed physicians with years of experience. These experts make sure guidelines correlate to the latest American Heart Association standards.
In Mississippi, CPR certification is valid for two years from the issue date. It is important to keep your certification current as CPR techniques and best practices change over time. You must complete a recertification course every two years to maintain your certification. By completing the recertification course, you can stay current on all CPR techniques and ensure that you provide the best care to those needing it.
We provide up to date Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation, Automated External Defibrillator, Basic Life Support, and First Aid courses collected from the most recent guidelines and expert consensus. Licensed U.S. physicians create our classes, study materials, and certification exam. To help you pass the exam, we offer unlimited and free practice exams. In addition, if you find any gap in your training or certification, we offer a 100% money back guarantee to match your expectation and satisfaction level.
All of our CPR Certification classes, first aid, and BLS certification in Mississippi can be accessed across multiple PC and mobile platforms to Tablets. You can enjoy a state-of-the-art user interface that is clearly arranged, simple, touch-friendly, and quick to operate. When you purchase, we ship it with our rush delivery technology. You can take the certification exam when you are ready and receive your score instantly. You can retake the exam until you pass, with unlimited retakes if necessary.
Our certificates are accepted in all 50 states and internationally. Only the latest industry standards and healthcare guidelines from the American Heart Association and the American Red Cross guidelines are presented in our courses.
After completing the course, you will receive your digital certification through instant download. The official certification card will be shipped free in 2-5 business days via first class mail.
If you are ready to take our CPR certification course, you can sign up from our homepage, and we'll send you the comprehensive course material immediately.
Our online CPR/AED, First Aid & BLS certification in Mississippi is an innovative solution for obtaining or renewing your CPR certificate that offers many benefits, including: