Bloodborne Pathogens Certification for the Community and Workplace
Download your Blood Pathogen Certification Instantly and get a wallet-sized card in the mail.
As soon as you complete your course and pass the online multiple choice certification exams, you can print your certification wallet-sized cards instantly. Also, we will send you a FREE official card via First-Class mail for each certification you earn!
This course is designed for professionals who could be "reasonably anticipated" to face contact with blood or other potentially infectious materials (OPIM) as the result of performing their assigned job duties, such as physicians, nurses, medical students, healthcare workers, paramedics, firemen, policemen, emergency and first responders, teachers, school staff, tattoo artists, body piercing technicians, cleaning/janitorial staff, etc.
Approximate time to complete the course is 45-60 minutes. It is highly recommended that you read through the entire course content before taking the exam, however, we understand that many of your are trained professionals who only need a quick refresher. If you are familiar with the content of your course, you can immediately take the exam after registration and be on your way with a recertification in just a few minutes.
- Key Elements of the Standard - OSAH Standard Explained
- Regulatory Definitions - An approach to prevention of Bloodborne Pathogen transmissions that involves: Blood, Other Potentially Infectious Materials (OPIM), Human Body Fluid, OPIM in detail.
- Occupational Exposure - Explanation of Occupational Exposure defined; Exposure Determination & Methods of Compliance. Engineering Controls, including sharps disposal containers, self-sheathing needles, needleless systems, Exposure Determination.
- Methods of Compliance - Universal Precautions, Work Practices, Engineering Controls, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). Housekeeping Procedures (Regulated Medical Waste Disposal, HBV Vaccination, Post-Exposure Follow Up, Hazard Communicating and Training. Sharps Containers, Mechanical Pipettes, Containment Devices, Chemical & Mechanical Filters and Work Practice Controls.
- Sharps Handling and Disposal - Needles, Syringes and Other Sharps, Uncontaminated Broken Glass and Laboratory Glassware
- Additional Controls - Eating, Drinking or Smoking in the Workplace, Cosmetics, Contact Lenses, Aerosol Generation, Medical Waste Containers
- Disinfection - Autoclaving, Chemical Disinfection, Aseptic Technique, Chemical Use
- Epidemiology - HBV and Exposure Routes, Hepatitis B Virus, Risk of Infection, HBV Incubation Period, HBV Signs and Symptoms, Hepatitis B Vaccination OSHA Standard, Hepatitis C and Exposure Routes, Occupational Exposures to HCV, Same categories as HBV. HIV - Same subcategories as HBV & HCV. HIV, Immunodeficiency and AIDS, ARC (AIDS Related Complex) Symptoms, AIDS Symptoms, Exposure Incidents
- Biohazard Precautions - Warning Labels, Biohazard Signs
- Personal Protective Equipment: Purpose and Types Gloves, Goggles, Masks, Face Shields, Personal Protective Clothing
Created and Approved by AHA Trained Physicians
Unlike most other Bloodborne Pathogen online courses, our course was both written and approved by AHA-trained, U.S. board certified physicians, so you can feel confident in the quality of our Bloodborne Pathogen course. Our Bloodborne Pathogen online course covers the same topics that OSHA-approved classroom courses, however, our Bloodborne Pathogen training and exam is more affordable and more convenient than many classroom-based Bloodborne Pathogen training courses.
Benifits of Online Training
Our online CPR/AED Certification for the Community and Workplace course is a smart solution for obtaining or renewing your CPR certificate that offers many benefits, including:
- Instantly printing your official two-year CPR certificate and wallet-sized card, all for only $19.95.
- Nationally accredited course material.
- Is designed by board-certified physicians and professional educators.
- Includes the most recent ARC and AHA/ILCOR Guidelines (October 18, 2010).
- Includes "Compression Only" by stander-initiated CPR techniques (March 2008).
- Is Emergency Cardiovascular Care (ECC) and OSHA 1910.1030(g)(2) Compliant.
- Does NOT require hands-on skills testing.
- Takes an average of just 1-2 hours per course.
- Includes 60-day unlimited course access from any web-enabled device.
- Includes unlimited access to your certificate and wallet card online.